When can I bring my items in for consignment?
- We currently accept consignment Tuesday thru Friday before 1:00 pm with a one bag maximum of apparel per consignor per week. If our consignment hours conflict with your schedule, please contact us directly by phone to coordinate an appointment or drop off availability. For consignment of larger items such as furniture please send us a picture of the original item via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will coordinate a drop off date and time with you directly.
What happens when I bring my items in?
- Once you arrive with your consignment, one our trained associates will sort through your items and have you fill out a consignor agreement. Clothing items will be hung, toys will be wiped down, all gear will be assembled and all items will be individually tagged into our database.
How long before I start accumulating a balance in my account?
- Once all items are in the system (usually the same day of drop off) your items are ready to be merchandised in-store and ready to sell. Items remain on the floor a 60 day consignment period. As your items sell your account credit is available to you immediately to use towards any in-store purchase; otherwise consignor checks are issued the first week of every month (first 7 days) by request for accumulated credit in excess of $10.
How much do I receive for my consignment?
- Consignor's have the option of receiving 40% of the selling price by check or 50% in store credit. For example; if an item sells for $10.00, you will receive $5.00 in store credit or $4.00 by check. In either case, no payment is received until AFTER an item sells.
How do you price consignment items?
- On average, our price for clothing is about 65% - 75% lower than original retail. Items such as toys, baby gear and furniture are priced at 50% of original retail depending on the condition and manufacture dates.
How long is my consignment period?
- All consignment items are displayed in our store for a 60 day consignment period. Any items remaining at the end of the consignment period may be retrieved but it is the consignor's responsibility to notify LittleGreenMoppet on or before the 60th day to request a pick-up. Once requested, please keep track of your pick up date as we do not make reminder phone calls. Consignment items such as onesies, hats, sleepers, t-shirts, books, etc. that are priced under $3.99 will not be returned as it is time consuming for our employees to find these low ticket items in bins located throughout the store. All unclaimed items will become property of LittleGreenMoppet to donate or clearance at our discretion.
When can I cash out?
- Consignors are paid the first week of every month (first 7 days) by request for accumulated credit in excess of $10. Checks may be requested to be mailed directly to you with a fee of $1.00 deducted from your account. Please be sure to call us directly by phone to request a check so that it will be ready for pick up the next business day.